Last updated: March 9, 2023
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, company and job function.
- Account login or verification information (including, if applicable, third-party account information for login purposes).
- Demographic information, such as employment-related information, and information about your interests.
- To the extent you pay for any of our Services, financial information, such as payment card information (e.g. credit or debit card number, CVV code, expiration date) or other financial account information.
- The category, kind or type of information (“Information Type Data”) that you use the Services to copy or transfer from one third-party application to another.
- Text, information or other content you submit to us, publish or save (Shortcut Command Data”) when using the “shortcut” function (“Shortcuts”) of the Services (e.g., if you create Shortcut for “brb” to expand to “be right back”, both the shortcut and the expanded text are considered Shortcut Command Data and collected and stored by us).
- Location information, including geolocation when using the Service.
- Electronic, audio, visual, or similar information, such as your communications with us or photos, videos, or other content you submit to us or publish in connection with the Service.
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
- Internet or other network or device activity, such as information about the browsers and devices you use to access the Service and any emails and other marketing activities from us (e.g. device type, browser type and language, hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and IP address), how you interact with the Service and any emails or marketing activities from us (e.g. features used, content viewed, addresses of referring websites, and the dates and times of interactions), information from your computer or other device about the activities you perform when using the Service including other software you are using and (provided that you have not opted out of certain features) information and content on the webpages or websites you visit and view while using the Services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect the types of information described above in four ways: (1) when you provide it to us; (2) when you use the Services, (3) when we collect it automatically; and (4) and when we receive it from other sources.
Information you provide to us.
You provide information to us when you register for an account, use the Service, communicate with us, or otherwise submit or publish your information. For example, when you register for an account, you may provide contact information, account login or verification information, demographic information, and financial information. When using the Service, you may provide additional demographic information, financial information, geolocation, or other information about yourself. You might also provide information when communicating with us (for example, regarding the Service or when seeking technical support).
Information we collect as you use the Services.
As you use the Services, Shortcuts, we collect and store Shortcut Command Data from you as you use the Shortcuts function to ensure your Shortcut Command Data is not lost. Additionally, as you use the Service, we collect Information Type Data from you based on your usages of the Service. Unless you have opted out of particular services or features, , the underlying content and information that you copy and paste or otherwise transfer while using the Services (“Variable Content”) are collected and processed by us so that we can enhance the product experience and the functionality of the Service. Please note, Variable Content, is not stored. If you do not wish for us to collect or process your Variable Content, you may opt out of this feature.
Automatically collected information.
We automatically collect internet or other network or device activity information about your interactions with the Service, emails, and advertisements, even if you are not logged into an account with us. This information may be collected as follows:
- Cookies and similar technologies.
- Cookies and similar technologies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using.
- Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Service, pages visited, and language preferences.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of the Service may not work for you.
- For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
- Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies.
- These may be used in connection with some portions of the Service, emails, or advertisements (for example, to track the actions of our users, compile statistics about usage and response rates, determine whether you have opened and acted upon our emails, and assess the effectiveness of our marketing).
- Analytics and advertising.
- We may also use third-party advertising services to provide advertisements for our services. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites, and they may be members of industry self-regulatory groups such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and European Digital Advertising Alliance (eDAA). The websites for these groups provide more information on interest-based online advertising and how to opt out of receiving interest-based online ads from participating companies.
- Do Not Track requests.
- Some browsers may transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals to the websites you visit. Because there is not common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, we do not take action in response to them.
- Location information.
- We may collect information about the location of your device, including precise geolocation information from your device and imprecise location from, for example, your IP address.
- You may be able to adjust the location settings of your device to control whether it communicates location information. See your device settings for more information.
- Purchase information and history.
- We may collect information about your transactions with us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may collect information from other sources, including business partners and service providers with whom we work.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use and process the types of information described above to:
- Provide the services available through the Service.
- Maintain, protect, and improve the Service or other products or services. This may include, for example, customizing and personalizing the Service, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; analyzing how they are used; and evaluating, maintaining, and improving their performance, effectiveness, security, and safety.
- Develop new applications or other products or services.
- Promote the Service or other products or services. This may include, for example, developing and providing promotional and advertising materials about Magical that may be of interest to you; analyzing the effectiveness of those materials; and customizing and improving them.
- Communicate and manage our relationship with you. This may include, for example, providing you information about the Service or other products or services or about your transactions with us; responding to your questions, inquiries, or requests; customizing and improving our communications with you and analyzing their effectiveness.
- Address legal issues. This may include, for example, obtaining legal advice and establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; complying with laws, regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, court orders, other legal process or obligations, or lawful requests from public and government authorities; detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, security issues, violations of our agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of the Service or other products or services; and protecting the safety, rights, welfare, or property of Magical, you, or others.
We may also use your information for other internal Magical business operations, as permitted by applicable law, and other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent.
We may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such aggregated information will not identify you individually.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not sell your information to data brokers or other third parties for money. We may, however, share your information as follows:
- In connection with the services offered through the Service.
- Depending on your settings, choices, and uses of the Service, the information you submit to us may be disclosed to third parties, including other Magical users, to provide requested services to you or interact with you through the Services.
- Parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
- We may share your information among our related business entities. We may do so for various purposes, including, for example, to improve or promote our existing Website and App or other products or services; to develop new applications, products, or services; or for research and development purposes.
- Service providers, vendors, and other business partners.
- We may share your information with third parties with whom we work to provide, improve, or develop the Service or other products or services; to perform other Website- and App-related services; or to assist us in analyzing how the Service or other products or services are used.
- For example, we may work with vendors providing website hosting; data analysis; other technology services; payment processing; fraud monitoring; services related to product development and maintenance; and communications, marketing, and online and offline advertising services.
- Legal reasons.
- We may share your information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: obtain legal advice or establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; comply with laws, regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, court orders, or other legal process or obligations, or lawful requests from public and government authorities; detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, security issues, violations of our agreements or law, or other misuse of the Service or other products or services; protect the safety, rights, welfare, or property of Magical, you, or others, as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Business transfers.
- We may share your information with third parties in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Otherwise with your consent.
- We may share your information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
- Anonymized or aggregated information.
- We may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
THIRTY-PARTY APPS AND PLUGINS
Some third-party applications and services that work with Magical and the Service may ask for permission to access your information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Magical's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not access, use or submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Service from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no security measures can guarantee absolute security. No Internet, email or mobile application transmission or method of electronic storage is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other communications sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your online account and your information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your online account and social networking service account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Password protecting your computer;
- Using complex passwords, not using the same password on more than one website and not sharing your password with others; and
- Signing out or logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
Your personal information that we collect is stored on servers in various locations, including the United States. Such personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities in the countries in which we operate. United States federal and state governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. By using the Service, you understand that your information can be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
If you have elected to receive email communications from us, we retain information about your email preferences until you opt out of receiving these email communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements. In certain circumstances, we can anonymize your personal information, subject to applicable law.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices regarding your information on the Service.
Changing Your Information.
You can make changes to your information, including accessing, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by emailing us at email@example.com, subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to, correction of, update of or deletion of your personal information. You may also make changes to your personal information in your online account by logging in with your email address and password or via the App.
You can make changes regarding receiving emails from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions in each such email.
You can withdraw your consent to our use, disclosure or sharing of your information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Social Networking Service.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Please see Your California Privacy Rights Notice for natural persons who are California residents.