Want to make your messages more personalized? You can add variables like first name, last name, company, favorite color (really anything all that your heart desires and that is available on the web).
- Open up a Webpage or Web app from where you want to source variables.
- Click on the Magical Panel and select Add Variables. Note that if a website or web-app already has variables, you'll see "Edit Variables" and you can skip this step. Select the elements on the website that you want to capture, and click Save!
- Create a Snippet (following the steps in Canned Snippets), but this time type in // to invoke Magical in the Snippet Editor. You'll see a dropdown popup. Go ahead and select the data you want
- Open up the destination (e.g., email compose) where you want to drop your Snippet
- Type // and click your newly created Snippet to insert it (pro tip: you'll need to have the relevant website tabs open from the original website you're sourcing variables from)
Awesome - you just created a Variable Snippet!